Your dental treatments are altering the vertical, lateral or A/P position of your patient’s mandible. You know the need for quantifying the impact those changes are having on your patient’s craniofacial physiology. Fewer and fewer clinicians are willing to guess about their reconstructive, orthodontic or cosmetic patient’s craniofacial or stomatognathic health.
This seminar will teach the interpretation of 4 diagnostic aids for the stomatognathic system. Joint Vibration Analysis for the TMJ, Electromyography for the muscles of the head and neck, Jaw Tracking for 3D kinesiology studies and taking bite registrations and finally the T-Scan Novus for computerized occlusal case finishing. These aids can be used separately or integrated into a single system. They are taught in tandem to help highlight the interplay between TMJ, craniofacial muscles, jaw movement and position, and occlusion.
Ray also discusses, in great detail, the model for financially implementing biometrics into your practice and the path towards a differential diagnosis.
- Review of anatomy and physiology of the stomatognathic system
- Staging of internal derangements
- The demand for paying attention to the stomatognathic system
JVA – Joint Vibration Analysis
- What is it? Why Joint Vibration Analysis?
- How to integrate it into your team
- What does it do? What vibrations tell you and how they affect outcomes
- What can’t it do?
- Applications of JVA and its unique benefits
- When, Why, and How? Hands-on 1 or 2 patients
- Why use the Jaw Tracker? What advantages does Jaw Tracking provide when using JVA?
- Understanding and interpretation of data
- EMG: Identifying the muscles of mastication
- How to understand and interpret the following tests:
- Resting EMG (sitting and standing)
- Function tests
- Parafunction tests
- Swallow test
- Using an EMG to determine what appliance to use
- EMG with chewing analysis
- EMG with T-Scan Occlusal analysis
- Determine the proper vertical dimension of appliances
- Maximizing patient compliance and case acceptance
- MIP, Orthotics, Excursions, Protrusion
- T-Scan EMG Link
- Disclusion Time Reduction
- Orthodontic case finishing for improved retention
MLS LAser Therapy Overview
- How laser therapy works
- Research review
- General dentistry
- Craniofacial pain
- Post-treatment recommendations
Treatment and Application
Diagnosis and Treatment plan
Prognosis Based on Differential Diagnosis
- Stable or progressive: how do you decide on your type of treatment?
- All recommended appliances
- How to make them
- Daytime vs. Nighttime wear
- What modalities do you use
- Combination therapy
- Treatment and efficacy
- How much do you charge
- What services do you bill for
- Demo/hands-on jaw tracker, EMG, JVA, and T-Scan testing using all technologies on selected case(s).
03/26/2021 – Tampa Florida
05/14/2021 Las Vegas Nevada
10/01/2021 Milwaukee Wisconsin
11/12/2021 San Francisco California
Space is limited! Tuition is $1295 for doctors, $995 for staff per person. Contact us at 800.251.2315 to register by phone or chose a date and place and click the links below for online registration.
BioRESEARCH reserves the right to cancel any portion of this seminar for any reason. If you need to cancel, BioRESEARCH must be notified no less than 30 days before the seminar’s date to receive a full refund. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the seminar will be subject to forfeiture of the tuition in full, or the tuition in full may be applied to future BioRESEARCH seminars.
Click HERE to Register Online!
Dr. Ray Becker DDS, FAGD
Dr. Becker is internationally renowned as a pioneer, innovator, and integrator of advanced technologies in real-world clinical dentistry. His focus as a full-time practicing dentist is on comprehensive, reconstructive, and esthetic dentistry. By using biometric philosophy/guidelines/protocols
Dr. Becker is able to provide a fair and ethical framework that correlates with the patient’s clinical needs, and goals while truly making occlusion a foundation of his practice. Over his career, he has obtained a wide range of clinical knowledge and skills ranging from practice management through advanced restorative dentistry. His dedication to continuing education is evidenced by his achieving the Fellowship award from the Academy of General Dentistry. In addition, he also received the International College of Dentist’s award for ‘outstanding achievement, and the Maryland Academy of General Dentistry Award for ‘excellence in clinical proficiency and patient management’. Dr. Becker has keynoted international conferences and has authored numerous journal articles, DVD’s, and published works ranging from occlusion, lasers, CAD/CAM dentistry, through practice management. He has been sought out and actively involved on a developmental level by several companies including HCC, Unident, Sirona, and Isolite Systems. He currently has a strong working developmental relationship with BioResearch and Sirona.
16 CDE Credits
BioRESEARCH Assoc. Inc is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD). The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 6/1/2018 to 5/31/2024. Provider ID: 211696. This course provides 16 hours of CDE credit. Only BioRESEARCH provides commercial support for this program.